Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LIKE YOU NEED MORE SUGGESTIONS
I love listening to your show as I drive down the road. You all do an amazing job, and far be it for me to offer even the faintest of critiques, but I would like to offer a few suggestions.
1. Carl Childers. This guy plays almost continuously in my mind, and I believe the world would be a better place if he was given more air time. Four or five clips each show would be my suggestion. Nothing major, just iconic phrases like you currently do, just MORE.

2. Right before the "Waylon Rocks" block, do a "This is..." feature. You can feature people that had influence or a lot of interaction with Waylon, or even some of the older artists that shaped the genre, like a dozen stories about Billy Joe Shaver that would cover both topics. You can do Townes, Guy, and other legends, or focus on those that still perform, announcing their tour schedules and websites to some of us that might not know much about some of these folks (I "discovered" Outlaw Country just a few short years ago), I imagine that a lot of your listeners might be interested in these windows to the roots.

3. Right after the "Waylon Rocks" block, do a "like father, like son" and showcase some of your work that we don't hear too much on the radio. I know how we all feel about self promotion, but we do listen to you because you are Shooter Jennings.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, for the website and most importantly, for the great show.
(03-16-2019, 05:19 PM)Bill Wrote: I love listening to your show as I drive down the road. You all do an amazing job, and far be it for me to offer even the faintest of critiques, but I would like to offer a few suggestions.
1. Carl Childers. This guy plays almost continuously in my mind, and I believe the world would be a better place if he was given more air time. Four or five clips each show would be my suggestion. Nothing major, just iconic phrases like you currently do, just MORE.

2. Right before the "Waylon Rocks" block, do a "This is..." feature. You can feature people that had influence or a lot of interaction with Waylon, or even some of the older artists that shaped the genre, like a dozen stories about Billy Joe Shaver that would cover both topics. You can do Townes, Guy, and other legends, or focus on those that still perform, announcing their tour schedules and websites to some of us that might not know much about some of these folks (I "discovered" Outlaw Country just a few short years ago), I imagine that a lot of your listeners might be interested in these windows to the roots.

3. Right after the "Waylon Rocks" block, do a "like father, like son" and showcase some of your work that we don't hear too much on the radio. I know how we all feel about self promotion, but we do listen to you because you are Shooter Jennings.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, for the website and most importantly, for the great show.

I would agree with #2 but, make it a historical perspective and replace the rock block segment. I enjoy it but, Outlaw Country plays alot of Waylon and sometimes it is repetitive. I would much rather Shooter give us a personal insight on Waylon's life and musical influences from his knowledge of who he was. Just my opinion.
(03-17-2019, 12:15 PM)peregrine Wrote:
(03-16-2019, 05:19 PM)Bill Wrote:

I would agree with #2 but, make it a historical perspective and replace the rock block segment. I enjoy it but, Outlaw Country plays alot of Waylon and sometimes it is repetitive. I would much rather Shooter give us a personal insight on Waylon's life and musical influences from his knowledge of who he was. Just my opinion.

I agree, but I really don't think that segment will be replaced.
Yeah, I'm not saying we get rid of playing Waylon but, it would be nice to hear some stories associated with it to give it some context.