Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who'd a thunk it?
That I would become a Marilyn Manson fan? But, dude, you have converted me! I found it to be very retro. New but, definitely mid 70's!!!
I think this might have been my favorite episode in the two years I've been listening, when viewed as a whole.  I immediately hit Restart Show, and that is rare for me.  It's not that I don't always enjoy the music, but I don't need to immediately hear it again.  I barely knew any of the songs in this episode, but I kept thinking, "Damn, that's good!"  And the ones I did know are favorites, like Kris Kristofferson.

As far as Manson goes, since he arrived on the scene many years ago, I've neither loved him nor hated him.  There are songs I definitely like, but I've never gotten super into him, probably because even my metal-head friends were spooked by him!  He was in the OzzFest lineup way back in like 1996 and the Wisconsin venue wouldn't hold the show because of Manson.  It got moved to the Metrodome in Minneapolis, and I was pissed because the sound quality in there was horrible.  In my own rebellious way, I decided to take a nap in the stands during Manson's set, just to prove he didn't scare me.  Hahahaha...  

I really enjoyed the new songs, and if Shooter says he's the real deal, then I believe it.  If I see him live again, I promise I won't sleep through his set. Wink
Kinda like me growing up. I loved Alice Coopers music but, I never wanted to go to his shows. He was just to bizarre!
(09-17-2020, 09:42 AM)peregrine Wrote: Kinda like me growing up. I loved Alice Coopers music but, I never wanted to go to his shows. He was just to bizarre!

I was 40 before I finally got to see Alice Cooper live. It was at RockFest during the daylight. Now THAT is bizarre!