Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hit me like a cartoon boomerang!
Hello Brad, Shooter, & Fellow Electric Rodeons

I have been out of commission lately- as one moment I was 'healthy' and the next I woke up in the hospital. In the words of our beloved Todd Snider "to make a short story long" my heart kept stopping and as a subsequent side effect I kept passing out and crashing into whatever was around me- sometimes the landing was soft other times not so much. Its in those moments that my mind likes to take me to the Ghost of Memories Past.

It was this last time that I passed out that like an oracle one of John Prine's songs was in my head - One could say it hit me like a cartoon boomerang! As I came to in the OR, my mind kept playing 'Please Don't Burry Me'. Given my situation of just feeling my feet go through the ceiling, my brain felt it appropriate to put that song on loop in my head, only for me to hear. Retrospectively its funny because even though I do listen a lot to The Illinois Poet Laureate, that song hadn't been on any of my playlists in a while. The hindsight of the mind is pure comedy- at least so if you imagine a thought or song smacking into you like that damn cartoon boomerang you forgot you threw sometime ago.

So if you don't mind, could you give it a spin for me?!?! As a young stud (haha your gonna have to wait that one made me laugh) I still feel I have lots of life to live and don't want to be buried in the cold, cold ground. As someone who doesn't believe in human immortality, I find humor in the finite limits of all the body parts that will be given away in the song, if someone would have them.  

P.S= I'm loving the 3 re-releases of your colored vinyl. My speakers apricate the good music they produce for me.

The Dude Abides!

[Image: tenor.gif]
(11-17-2020, 09:26 PM)kebo19 Wrote: Hello Brad, Shooter, & Fellow Electric Rodeons

I have been out of commission lately- as one moment I was 'healthy' and the next I woke up in the hospital. In the words of our beloved Todd Snider "to make a short story long" my heart kept stopping and as a subsequent side effect I kept passing out and crashing into whatever was around me- sometimes the landing was soft other times not so much. Its in those moments that my mind likes to take me to the Ghost of Memories Past.

It was this last time that I passed out that like an oracle one of John Prine's songs was in my head - One could say it hit me like a cartoon boomerang! As I came to in the OR, my mind kept playing 'Please Don't Burry Me'. Given my situation of just feeling my feet go through the ceiling, my brain felt it appropriate to put that song on loop in my head, only for me to hear. Retrospectively its funny because even though I do listen a lot to The Illinois Poet Laureate, that song hadn't been on any of my playlists in a while. The hindsight of the mind is pure comedy- at least so if you imagine a thought or song smacking into you like that damn cartoon boomerang you forgot you threw sometime ago.

So if you don't mind, could you give it a spin for me?!?! As a young stud (haha your gonna have to wait that one made me laugh) I still feel I have lots of life to live and don't want to be buried in the cold, cold ground. As someone who doesn't believe in human immortality, I find humor in the finite limits of all the body parts that will be given away in the song, if someone would have them.  

P.S= I'm loving the 3 re-releases of your colored vinyl. My speakers apricate the good music they produce for me.

The Dude Abides!

[Image: tenor.gif]

Damn! I sure hope the health issues are ironed out! Glad to have you back. And great request!
I routinely wake up to songs in my head that I haven't heard in years. Glad the subconscious jukebox is still working. Smile
Thanks Bethany!!! Its a long road ahead but Ill get through.
(11-21-2020, 07:54 AM)kebo19 Wrote: Thanks Bethany!!! Its a long road ahead but Ill get through.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wx6GTJ4yqs

Big Grin