Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SHOOTER TURNS 40!!
Wink 
Ok, we're a few weeks away but I wanted to get this started early to give everyone time to contribute. I thought it would be nice if we could give Shooter a week off for his birthday and at the same time celebrate this lifetime milestone by picking ALL the songs for his birthday "Ol Bastard" show. I'l start off (and of course will pick too many).

Weird Al - Happy Birthday (cuz who doesn't like Weird Al?)
Creeping Death - Metallica
Keep on Knocking - Death
Dancing With Mr. D - The Rolling Stones
A Pirate Looks At 40 - Jimmy Buffett
Age Like Wine - Todd Snider
It's All Over Now, Baby Blue - Bob Dylan

We probably need some country songs, a Waylon block, etc. Really anything about getting old, dying, incontinence, ED would probably fit right in.
I love it!
How about Birthday Dethday by Dethklok?
(04-28-2019, 03:31 PM)76crowes Wrote: Ok, we're a few weeks away but I wanted to get this started early to give everyone time to contribute. I thought it would be nice if we could give Shooter a week off for his birthday and at the same time celebrate this lifetime milestone by picking ALL the songs for his birthday "Ol Bastard" show. I'l start off (and of course will pick too many).

Keep on Knocking - Death

We probably need some country songs, a Waylon block, etc. Really anything about getting old, dying, incontinence, ED would probably fit right in.

Bob Dylan "Knockin' on Heavens Door", Moody Blues "Isn't Life Strange" or Led Zeppelin "In My Time of Dying". Smile
For the Waylon block you could do
"Stop the World (And Let Me Off)"
"Pretend I Never Happened"
"Rough on the Living" by the Old Dogs, I know its not a Waylon solo, but pretty fitting for the topic.
Swap out Dylan's version of knocking on Heaven's Door for Zevon's version just because it kicks ass.... That, or add Zevon's song "my shit's fucked up".
Neil Young - old man
frank turner - live fast, die old

for the waylon rocks block there's always Old five and dimers like me.

Phil

(04-29-2019, 08:05 AM)peregrine Wrote:
(04-28-2019, 03:31 PM)76crowes Wrote: Ok, we're a few weeks away but I wanted to get this started early to give everyone time to contribute. I thought it would be nice if we could give Shooter a week off for his birthday and at the same time celebrate this lifetime milestone by picking ALL the songs for his birthday "Ol Bastard" show. I'l start off (and of course will pick too many).

Keep on Knocking - Death

Bob Dylan "Knockin' on Heavens Door", Moody Blues "Isn't Life Strange" or Led Zeppelin "In My Time of Dying". Smile
39 and holding jll
I know Brad's ended the show with parts of "Ride On" by AC/DC before, but it would be cool to have the whole song in the show.

Keep on Knocking - Death

How about Time~Pink Floyd on the list.
Just Breathe by Pearl Jam

Misty Mountain Hop, either the original or 4 Non Blondes cover (so good!)
How about
39 and Holding Jerry Lee Louis!
WFRB: MacAuthur Park ...cause someone left the fucking cake out in the rain!
Or just my fav

(05-18-2019, 04:15 PM)Dmsand02 Wrote: How about
39 and Holding Jerry Lee Louis!
WFRB: MacAuthur Park ...cause someone left the fucking cake out in the rain!
Or just my fav Waymores Blues

Happy Birthday Shooter!!

Dinosaur Hank Jr!