Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are the replays 5 hours long?
And, why can't I restart after the 2 hour show is over?
Not sure what you mean dude. We don’t control the app.
(04-30-2019, 10:44 PM)shooter Wrote: Not sure what you mean dude. We don’t control the app.

When you go to SiriusXM Streaming and replay your shows, they can be anywhere from 3 hours to 5 hours long. They play your show and then canned music for the rest of the time. And, you can't replay or restart the show like you can with streaming shows until it runs to the end. It won't give you the option. So if you close out on it and come back and click on it, it restarts where you left off. IE: the canned music. So, it really gives you the option of only being able to hear your replay once unless you have LOTS of time. This has nothing to do with the app and is a streaming benefit with a radio subscription. They are limiting your exposure man!
Hey Peregrine. I have found the On Demand feature of the Sirius app on my phone to be a bit glitchy from time to time. You should be able to restart the show at any time, and if you can't, I would say to try again later or on a different day. I have had the app completely restart the episode every time I had to pause, and since there is limited skip function, I've had to listen to the first quarter episode several times. But the next day, everything was fine.

As for why the episodes keep going for 3 hours after the show, I have no idea. But you should be able to restart the episode at any time. Like Shooter said, it's probably a question for Sirius tech staff.
(05-01-2019, 08:00 AM)bethany1972 Wrote: Hey Peregrine. I have found the On Demand feature of the Sirius app on my phone to be a bit glitchy from time to time. You should be able to restart the show at any time, and if you can't, I would say to try again later or on a different day. I have had the app completely restart the episode every time I had to pause, and since there is limited skip function, I've had to listen to the first quarter episode several times. But the next day, everything was fine.

As for why the episodes keep going for 3 hours after the show, I have no idea. But you should be able to restart the episode at any time. Like Shooter said, it's probably a question for Sirius tech staff.

Thanks for trying to help and the info but, not from phone. It is from a laptop and I have tried restarting on a different day and it brings me back to where I left off previously the day before or days before. Pausing doesn't do anything but pause and I have no restart option like you do when streaming a regular show. The added hours of canned music is baffling to me. Anyway, appreciate the suggestions since sometimes I would like to listen to a show more than once before they are taken off. Not even a refresh option.
I've had issues with it as well, when I've went pack to listen to shows in on demand to check them out. The limitation on song skipping is very, very frustrating especially if you are needing to listen to a particular song, segment, or transition. I've definitely had it reset the whole show for me as well, but don't recall it ever padding time. I've not listened to the archived shows through the pc app in a while, and usually use the phone app.
I would definitely hit up the tech support or even tag them on twitter with concerns or issues. May help them even make the app better, and that would be great.
(05-04-2019, 08:25 AM)bradjewell Wrote: I've had issues with it as well, when I've went pack to listen to shows in on demand to check them out. The limitation on song skipping is very, very frustrating especially if you are needing to listen to a particular song, segment, or transition. I've definitely had it reset the whole show for me as well, but don't recall it ever padding time. I've not listened to the archived shows through the pc app in a while, and usually use the phone app.
I would definitely hit up the tech support or even tag them on twitter with concerns or issues. May help them even make the app better, and that would be great.
Sent a nastygram to Siriusxm Outlaw Country with the issues and concerns. Guess we will see if it makes a difference. If not, I'll send another and another....Smile