Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My birthday gift to Shooter
I'm gonna try to keep this as short and non-mushy as possible, but I can't give any guarantees. Some of you may know that I found Shooter only recently, purely by accident, listening to the Joe Rogan podcast. This happened during a very dark time in my life. I hadn't really listened to music for about 5 years, due to some personal catastrophes. Music for me is a joyous occasion, and I had lost my joy. After listening to the podcast, I started to look into Shooter's music, and my world turned upside down. A month later, I dragged my husband on a 4 hour road trip to see Shooter live in Wisconsin Dells. This completely rekindled my love affair with music of all kinds.

Not only that, but now listening to some of the music I grew up on has really pushed me to get back to my roots and be my true self. A year prior, I had taken a "safe job" in a law firm because I had burned out on being an animal nurse (I was probably depressed, which didn't help). But the more time I spent in the firm, the more miserable I became, and the further away from my true self I felt.

So in honor of authenticity and completely going against the grain, I gave notice on Monday, and in two weeks, I start working with an equine vet who also sees dogs and cats. This is the job I dreamt about when I was in college for vet tech, but was never able to find.

So what? What does this have to do with Shooter?

Well, Shooter (switching to addressing you directly), I don't know if I would have gotten to this point without finding you. Through your music and just being you, you have helped me make my way back to being the real me. So, for your birthday, I gift to you a tiny little piece of my heart that I have been afraid to show for a long time. A little piece that actually still has hope imprinted on it. It's a little tattered and frayed on the edges, but I found it after I found you, so here...it's yours.

Ugh...so mushy! Sorry bout dat, but I ain't takin it back. If had seen you in person I would have just punched you in the arm or something. Wink

thank u
(05-15-2019, 01:15 PM)bethany1972 Wrote: I'm gonna try to keep this as short and non-mushy as possible, but I can't give any guarantees. Some of you may know that I found Shooter only recently, purely by accident, listening to the Joe Rogan podcast. This happened during a very dark time in my life. I hadn't really listened to music for about 5 years, due to some personal catastrophes. Music for me is a joyous occasion, and I had lost my joy. After listening to the podcast, I started to look into Shooter's music, and my world turned upside down. A month later, I dragged my husband on a 4 hour road trip to see Shooter live in Wisconsin Dells. This completely rekindled my love affair with music of all kinds.

Not only that, but now listening to some of the music I grew up on has really pushed me to get back to my roots and be my true self. A year prior, I had taken a "safe job" in a law firm because I had burned out on being an animal nurse (I was probably depressed, which didn't help). But the more time I spent in the firm, the more miserable I became, and the further away from my true self I felt.

So in honor of authenticity and completely going against the grain, I gave notice on Monday, and in two weeks, I start working with an equine vet who also sees dogs and cats. This is the job I dreamt about when I was in college for vet tech, but was never able to find.

Well, Shooter (switching to addressing you directly), I don't know if I would have gotten to this point without finding you. Through your music and just being you, you have helped me make my way back to being the real me. So, for your birthday, I gift to you a tiny little piece of my heart that I have been afraid to show for a long time. A little piece that actually still has hope imprinted on it. It's a little tattered and frayed on the edges, but I found it after I found you, so here...it's yours.

Ugh...so mushy! Sorry bout dat, but I ain't takin it back. If had seen you in person I would have just punched you in the arm or something. Wink

thank u

Hooray for you! As I've always said, you can't find a solution until you identify the problem. Good luck in your new journey! Many people don't have the courage to make the change. Sometimes all it takes is a little faith and impetus.
(05-15-2019, 01:15 PM)bethany1972 Wrote: I'm gonna try to keep this as short and non-mushy as possible, but I can't give any guarantees. Some of you may know that I found Shooter only recently, purely by accident, listening to the Joe Rogan podcast. This happened during a very dark time in my life. I hadn't really listened to music for about 5 years, due to some personal catastrophes. Music for me is a joyous occasion, and I had lost my joy. After listening to the podcast, I started to look into Shooter's music, and my world turned upside down. A month later, I dragged my husband on a 4 hour road trip to see Shooter live in Wisconsin Dells. This completely rekindled my love affair with music of all kinds.

thank u

Wow Thanks for giving me way too much credit! ha! You should be very proud.. I've been thru some of those kind of changes in my life as well. There was definitely a point (about 7-9 years ago) when i realized I'd kinda turned my back on who I really was. This is when I really looked inward and found what made me happy. I'm happy you're finding that too!

Thanks for always being a support... Next time you're coming to a show let me know ahead of time and I'll try and arrange for us to meet!

Keep kicking ass!

Shooter
(05-16-2019, 10:21 AM)peregrine Wrote:

thank u

Hooray for you! As I've always said, you can't find a solution until you identify the problem. Good luck in your new journey! Many people don't have the courage to make the change. Sometimes all it takes is a little faith and impetus.

Thank you, peregrine!

(05-16-2019, 11:15 AM)shooter Wrote:

thank u

Wow Thanks for giving me way too much credit! ha! You should be very proud.. I've been thru some of those kind of changes in my life as well. There was definitely a point (about 7-9 years ago) when i realized I'd kinda turned my back on who I really was. This is when I really looked inward and found what made me happy. I'm happy you're finding that too!

Thanks for always being a support... Next time you're coming to a show let me know ahead of time and I'll try and arrange for us to meet!

Keep kicking ass!

Shooter

That would be awesome, and I really appreciate the offer. I'll see what I can swing. The most likely options would be Chicago (7 hrs) and Sturgis (11 hrs). If we did Sturgis, we could go see Devil's Tower again (beautiful area!) But in reality, I'm not sure I'll be able to catch you this year. Unless you end up near Minneapolis/St. Paul at some point or near Santa Fe in October (vacation!). I live very near Duluth, MN, on Lake Superior...if you ever happened to be near here for some reason, we'd be happy to show you around. It's beautiful when it's not snowing. Wink Take care, and safe travels...I hope our paths cross someday. Smile
Oh, and have an absolutely wonderful birthday! I hope you can spend it with all the people you love most.
Shooter, Happy Birthday from the flat wastelands of the Midwest! Thanks to everything that is keeping you happy, healthy and productive. Your family is part of it but it's also you and your support network in life. It's hard to do what you do and hard on those who do it. Take care and I'm certain that you're ready for 40 more!

No requests, I got more than my share early on and just have been enjoying the audio scenery on this train from the past to the future. It's really satisfying to see this community grow and help us as it helps you with the show.
Mike
Surviving in the flat earth Midwest
(05-16-2019, 10:21 AM)peregrine Wrote:

thank u

Here is my song dedication for you, The Grassroots "Let's Live for Today".
(05-18-2019, 03:15 PM)rebelmike Wrote: Shooter, Happy Birthday from the flat wastelands of the Midwest! Thanks to everything that is keeping you happy, healthy and productive. Your family is part of it but it's also you and your support network in life. It's hard to do what you do and hard on those who do it. Take care and I'm certain that you're ready for 40 more!

No requests, I got more than my share early on and just have been enjoying the audio scenery on this train from the past to the future. It's really satisfying to see this community grow and help us as it helps you with the show.

"..just have been enjoying the audio scenery on this train from the past to the future."

Love this phrase so much!!!