Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discussion:. Best Live Show
Holee shit - More Human Than Human by White Zombie! This brought me right back. I will never forget seeing them play this song on David Letterman (1995!) and I thought that was the coolest thing ever. Most girls probably wanted to be with Rob Zombie, but not me! I wanted to BE the bass player. Watching her on that stage kicking ass and head banging and spinning her hair was about the coolest thing I'd ever seen a girl do. We then saw them live in Minneapolis, and it still goes down as quite possibly the coolest stage show I ever saw. I can close my eyes and still feel the pyro and explosives on my face. There were fake corpses that dropped down from the stage rigging...so awesome! Mind you, they were opening for Pantera, but Zombie blew. me. away.

On that note, I'd like to hear about the coolest shows that other forum members have seen. Pretend it's an episode of Coffee Talk - Discuss!
(06-16-2019, 07:24 AM)bethany1972 Wrote: Holee shit - More Human Than Human by White Zombie! This brought me right back. I will never forget seeing them play this song on David Letterman (1995!) and I thought that was the coolest thing ever. Most girls probably wanted to be with Rob Zombie, but not me! I wanted to BE the bass player. Watching her on that stage kicking ass and head banging and spinning her hair was about the coolest thing I'd ever seen a girl do. We then saw them live in Minneapolis, and it still goes down as quite possibly the coolest stage show I ever saw. I can close my eyes and still feel the pyro and explosives on my face. There were fake corpses that dropped down from the stage rigging...so awesome! Mind you, they were opening for Pantera, but Zombie blew. me. away.

On that note, I'd like to hear about the coolest shows that other forum members have seen. Pretend it's an episode of Coffee Talk - Discuss!

Yes. With Rick Wakeman dropping from the rafters with twin Moogs.
I’ll date myself here. First real concert I ever saw was thanks to my then-GF’s mom who was working the tickets desk at our AF base in Germany. GF was a big Rolling Stones fan and it was the two 30 Sept 1973 shows at the Festhalle in Frankfurt. IIRC this tour was the one that Keith had his blood exchanged in Switzerland to get him on the road due in part to some pending legal issues.

Whatever the truth to that rumor, the Stones ripped that joint. And I had a pretty high bar set for what a concert should deliver. I enjoy them all, even though I gotten old and decrepit and don’ see much live anymore, sad to say.

I will list a #2 because it definitely rates and that was the 77 Chicago Soldier Field Pink Floyd show with the Flying Pig that flew over. woooie, sooie!
Mike
Surviving in the flat earth Midwest
There is no "old and decrepit". There is only "wise and seasoned". Smile

Wow, you guys. Seeing any of those bands live in their prime (YES, the Stones, and Floyd) would have been so awesome! There are many times I wish I had been born earlier so I could see acts like Led Zeppelin and Janis Joplin, etc. But I am also happy I've been able to see many of the shows I've seen. I don't go to many these days either. They have to be REALLY special because most of the time, it's just too expensive.
(06-19-2019, 06:17 PM)bethany1972 Wrote: There is no "old and decrepit". There is only "wise and seasoned". Smile

Wow, you guys. Seeing any of those bands live in their prime (YES, the Stones, and Floyd) would have been so awesome! There are many times I wish I had been born earlier so I could see acts like Led Zeppelin and Janis Joplin, etc. But I am also happy I've been able to see many of the shows I've seen. I don't go to many these days either. They have to be REALLY special because most of the time, it's just too expensive.

Yep, saw Led Zeppelin in 1977 in St. Paul. Was a GA concert and what a zoo! Can't say if it was one of my favorite concerts as I don't remember much of it. Smile
Ha! Yes, well, those things will happen. It's been several years since I got blackout drunk, but the last time was at RockFest in Cadotte, WI. We went specifically to see Iron Maiden, but I started priming the pump too early. I remember Sevendust and Alice Cooper pretty clearly. By the time Iron Maiden came on, I was toast. I genuinely felt bad for my husband because he had to babysit my sorry ass. Nothing like waking up the next morning in a boiling hot tent in a field with Jagermeister vapors still coming out of your pores. Ugh....
If there is a hell, I'm pretty sure I sealed my fate when I got so baked at a Stryper (Christian metal band from the 80s) concert that I couldn't get out of my seat when the show was over. Ahhh, the good old days. Wink. I'm closer to 50 than 40 now, and I'm fairly positive my blackout drinking days are finally done. Smile
(06-19-2019, 06:17 PM)bethany1972 Wrote: There is no "old and decrepit". There is only "wise and seasoned". Smile

OK, I'll go with wise and seasoned.

Herck, even us ol' folks missed stuff. We were in the wrong place, too broke, couldn't get time off from a job, etc. For instance, I knew the Grateful Dead were coming to Frankfurt in 1972, but didn't even try for tickets. I was still too young to properly appreciate these folks, who were already elder statesmen for a generation.

I'm also a BIG Neil Young fan, yet never seen him live, Darn. But he's still with us, as am I, so there's still hope for that one.
Mike
Surviving in the flat earth Midwest
(06-27-2019, 02:17 PM)rebelmike Wrote:

OK, I'll go with wise and seasoned.

Herck, even us ol' folks missed stuff. We were in the wrong place, too broke, couldn't get time off from a job, etc. For instance, I knew the Grateful Dead were coming to Frankfurt in 1972, but didn't even try for tickets. I was still too young to properly appreciate these folks, who were already elder statesmen for a generation.

I'm also a BIG Neil Young fan, yet never seen him live, Darn. But he's still with us, as am I, so there's still hope for that one.
Totally agree! I've seen Neil Young twice. The first time during the "Rockin" in the Free World" tour. The lineup was Johnny Winter, George Thorogood, and Neil Young. It was a good en'. I remember that one.Smile