Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In memory
Hi Shooter,

I don’t want this to be a sad thread but a happy memory. 5 years ago my youngest son drowned at 3 1/2 years old. This Friday, 10/4, is his birthday and he would be turning 9. Could you please play his favorite song to tease me with? He knew I wasn’t very fond of snakes so he always wanted to hear Snake Farm by Ray Wylie Hubbard. It would mean a lot to me and would make him very happy. Thanks a bunch!

Usat2k
Sorry to hear of your loss. Things like this are hard. Hope Shooter got your message in time, but I just klove Snake Farm! I used to live near east of San Antonio and still remember the Snake Farm at I-35, which I visited just once. Yeah, it'd give you the willies. Will be thinking about your son and your memory of him, hoping this helps heal.

UPDATE: Shooter comes through like always! Rocking the Snake Farm with RWH right now after a heartwarming dedication.
Mike
Surviving in the flat earth Midwest
So sorry about your loss. I can imagine that being a very loved song. My seven year old has loved the Waymores Outlaws version is Snake Farm for many years. I can relate in that aspect. I am sure he was smiling down at you that day and many days following.