Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
666 - A Milestone
Wow! 666 shows! Amazing and I've listened to many of them. This alone would be a legacy, but Shooter is so much more, too. Congrats to Shooter and the entire crew for this prodigious output of cool outlaw sounds week after week. Now onto another 666 http://electric.rodeo/images/smilies/smile.png
Mike
Surviving in the flat earth Midwest
(10-05-2019, 03:47 PM)rebelmike Wrote: Wow! 666 shows! Amazing and I've listened to many of them. This alone would be a legacy, but Shooter is so much more, too. Congrats to Shooter and the entire crew for this prodigious output of cool outlaw sounds week after week. Now onto another 666 http://electric.rodeo/images/smilies/smile.png

Life these days has me putting lots of miles in behind the wheel and gives me ample opportunity to let my imagination run wild.

Picture if you will, driving after dark on a deserted old worn highway without seeing another car for 30 minutes. The kind of old highway where you cross the same set of railroad tracks 5 times and the road signs are so old and worn you can barely read them. This stretch of black highway couldn't be scarier if Stephen King wrote about it. Suddenly, a set of headlights appears about a mile behind me, and begins gaining on me. Having watched plenty of Rob Zombie type movies, I begin to imagine what kind of devil person is behind me, and I wait for the inevitable highway speed rear-ending by a Bronco with unnecessarily long antennae that is bound to occur unless I can reach the main highway before they do. So with Shooter as my copilot, and his Electric Rodeo blasting tunes reminiscent of teenage beer parties and empty Budweiser can pyramids, we go barreling down that long worn black stretch of railroad crossing hatched highway with my heart in my throat and all the years of my life ticking across the moonlight October sky.