Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Has Shooter Turned You On To?
Near the end of last week's show, Shooter spun a Terry Reed number and I thought for a moment and realized I never would've known about Terry's marvelous work if Shooter had not turned me on to him some years back. I copped several of Terry's CDs and wonder how I missed that the first time around (OK, I was like 12 YO when Terry almost became Led Zepp's singer)...

I'm sure with Shooter's varied tastes and eclectic choices that keep us looking forward to learning something new practically every week, others have probably learned of an artist or work that we really enjoy now that we know about them thanks to Electric Rodeo. Who's that for you?
Mike
Surviving in the flat earth Midwest
(10-05-2019, 03:54 PM)rebelmike Wrote: Near the end of last week's show, Shooter spun a Terry Reed number and I thought for a moment and realized I never would've known about Terry's marvelous work if Shooter had not turned me on to him some years back. I copped several of Terry's CDs and wonder how I missed that the first time around (OK, I was like 12 YO when Terry almost became Led Zepp's singer)...

I'm sure with Shooter's varied tastes and eclectic choices that keep us looking forward to learning something new practically every week, others have probably learned of an artist or work that we really enjoy now that we know about them thanks to Electric Rodeo. Who's that for you?

He turned me on to Taylor Swift and we had a wonderful first date!
(10-05-2019, 03:54 PM)rebelmike Wrote: Near the end of last week's show, Shooter spun a Terry Reed number and I thought for a moment and realized I never would've known about Terry's marvelous work if Shooter had not turned me on to him some years back. I copped several of Terry's CDs and wonder how I missed that the first time around (OK, I was like 12 YO when Terry almost became Led Zepp's singer)...

I can't come up with any particular person or band, but I have gotten to know a lot more songs by people I may have previously heard. I have very eclectic tastes, so each week is a wonderful surprise of different genres of music. Now, before I had Sirius, I created a Shooter Pandora station, and through that station, I discovered new favorites of mine like Sturg-Ill (his hip hop persona), Cody Jinks, Hank III, Whiskey Myers, etc. If it weren't for Shooter, I would never have discovered modern outlaw country. I needed something to respark my love of music, and finding Shooter has done exactly that!