Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time, The Avenger
Brad,
So what's the timeline like for a typical show? I'm always amazed that things happening late in the week make it into the show, like the good news from Grammy Land this week's show included but which was only announced on Friday.

I'd also assume that recording depends somewhat on Shooter's schedule. Does that tend to come unglued enough to cause time issues? It sure doesn't sound that way. We only find out it's been a particularly hectic week when Shooter gives you a bit more well-deserved praise than typical.

Keep up the fantastic work!
Mike
Surviving in the flat earth Midwest
We're usually right down to the wire, depending on everyone's schedules. Shooter tries to knock out a playlist by Wednesday, and get the vocals to me Thursday, and I work on the segments and and put everything together hopefully Thursday night late and uploaded to SiriusXM. There are times we are Friday getting it out, but not too often. Often I do prepwork throughout the week as well to lessen the load later in the week.
It's always hectic when there is a time restraint, but I think we do pretty good getting it done and I definitely give Shooter hell when he's late getting segments.. ha.
We've had times when Shooter has done a whole show on his cell phone or had a broken mic. We try to be boy scouts and get it out.
We will try to keep up the good work, glad you dig it.
(12-12-2018, 05:12 PM)bradjewell Wrote: We're usually right down to the wire, depending on everyone's schedules.
SNIP
We've had times when Shooter has done a whole show on his cell phone or had a broken mic. We try to be boy scouts and get it out.

That must keep life interesting, for sure. Some of the best shows have been technically iffy, but Shooter + Great Content works for me, no matter how it ends up sounding. Thanks for the insights!
Mike
Surviving in the flat earth Midwest
(12-12-2018, 05:12 PM)bradjewell Wrote: We're usually right down to the wire, depending on everyone's schedules. Shooter tries to knock out a playlist by Wednesday, and get the vocals to me Thursday, and I work on the segments and and put everything together hopefully Thursday night late and uploaded to SiriusXM. There are times we are Friday getting it out, but not too often. Often I do prepwork throughout the week as well to lessen the load later in the week.
It's always hectic when there is a time restraint, but I think we do pretty good getting it done and I definitely give Shooter hell when he's late getting segments.. ha.

Running on a wing and prayer! Now, that's my kind of operation. LOL!